Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
10901 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
La Jolla, CA 92037United Stateshttp://www.sanfordburnham.org/technology/sr/Pages/LaJolla_Proteomics.aspx
Alex Rosa Campos, Ph.D.
Last Updated: 01/23/2017
The Sanford-Burnham Proteomics Facility provides state-of-the-art mass spectrometry-based proteomics services with methods tailored to the needs of scientific investigators for routine mass spectrometric analysis of peptides and proteins, identification of novel proteins, characterization of post-translational modifications, and quantitative proteomics analysis of simple to complex biological samples. The facility identifies, validates and develops new methods designed for the characterization and identification of biologically important proteins. It also supports users with software applications and development, data analysis and experimental design of proteomics studies. The facility is continuously expanding its capabilities in large-scale differential proteomics analysis and phosphoproteomics for unbiased discovery of potential biomarkers and mapping protein profiles. We provide proteomics services to Sanford-Burnham scientists as well as outside non-profit and for-profits organization on a fee-for-service basis.
- Molecular weight determination of proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, glycans and polymers
- Protein identification from gel or solution using 1D LTQ LC/MS/MS or MALDI TOF TOF Mass Spectrometry
- In-gel or in-solution digestion and proteomics sample preparation
- 2D and 3D LC/MS/MS analysis by multi-dimensional separations coupled directly to Michrom low-flow ESI-OrbiTrap XL and Velos
- Protein identification for large scale proteome analysis of mid to complex samples
- 2D gel electrophoresis for protein separation by isoelectric focusing and mass for fractionated samples
- Differential Proteomics Analysis using Mass Tagged (iTRAQ,SILAC,15N/14N) and Label Free Differential LC/MS/MS data analysis
- PTM mapping to identify post-translational modifications such as phosphorylation, ubiquitination and other PTMs
- LC/MS/MS Database search Peptide tandem mass spec sequencing and Peptide mass mapping by comparison to a theoretical in-silico-digest
- Training on MALDI TOF and TOF TOF: 1 day training course with two-week hands on training with follow-up offered by members of the facility necessary for self-use of the Autoflex II MALDI TOT TOF instrument
Services are offerred outside of Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
Consulting is offerred outside of Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute