1. Thermo Scientific Q-Exactive tandem hybrid instrument with Waters nanoAcquity UPLC for analysis of complex protein digests and quantitative proteomics using HCD fragmentation (ESI LC-MS/MS). A Thermo Accela 1250 UPLC with HTC PAL autosampler is also configured for accurate mass small molecule applications.
2. Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap Velos Pro tandem hybrid instrument with Waters NanoAcquity UPLC for analysis of complex protein digests and whole protein analysis using CID, HCD, and ETD fragmentation techniques (ESI LC-MS/MS).
3. Thermo Scientific LTQ linear ion trap instrument with Thermo Surveyor HPLC for small molecule analysis (ESI LC-MS/MS).
4. Agilent 6520 quadrupole time of flight instrument (Q-TOF) with Agilent Infinity 1260 HPLC for metabolomics and small molecule quantitative applications.
5. Shimadzu Scientific TOF2 matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization tandem time of flight hybrid instrument (MALDI TOF-TOF) for protein and peptide characterization.
6. Waters Q-TOF Premier quadrupole time of flight instrument with Advion Triversa Nanomate robot for automated infusion studies. System configured (via HPLC) for hydrogen-deuterium exchange studies and whole protein applications (ESI LC-MS/MS).
7. Waters Quattro Premier XE triple quadrupole instrument (QQQ) with either Waters Acquity UPLC for small molecule quantitation or Proxeon EasyLC nano HPLC for quantitation of small molecules and peptides (ESI LC-MS/MS).
Additional supporting equipment and software include:
â€¢ 1D gel electrophoresis platforms, scanning and image analysis.
â€¢ Off-line HPLC separations and fraction collection using a Perseptive Biosystems BioCAD Vision.
â€¢ Supporting software platforms include database searching using Mascot (Matrix Science) or Sequest (Thermo Scientific), de novo peptide sequencing using PEAKS (Bioinformatics Solutions), and comparative quantitative proteomics using Scaffold (Proteomics Software), Mascot Distiller (Matrix Science), ProteoIQ (NuSep), and Sieve (Thermo Scientific).